It’s okay if you color treat your hair. Hair strands are roughly 10% absorbent, and after 5 days, whatever bleach or dye you’ve put on your hair is not going to affect the results of your test.
Developed by Dr. Paul Eck to work in conjunction with hair mineral testing, it is a way to balance the alkalizing minerals in the body to induce a natural, gentle, ongoing detox that’s safe for people of all ages and can help reduce stress to the point that it can assist the body in healing itself.
Testing the hair is a painless, non-invasive tissue biopsy that can be done from anywhere and when performed properly, can reveal the current metabolism of the body through quantifying 22 different minerals and toxic metals. The lab we use is Analytical Research Laboratories in Phoenix, AZ. They are one of the only labs in the country who does not wash the hair sample. This is very important.
Simply request a Hair Test Kit on this site and one will be mailed to you free of charge. It contains the hair sampling instructions, intake forms, paper scale, hair sample envelope and the return envelope.
Once we receive your hair sample, it takes about two weeks to receive the results and analyze the test.
You don’t have to interpret it. We do that for you. In fact, when you purchase any of our REVEAL HMA (Hair Mineral Analysis) packages, we will include the test notes, lab notes, written analysis, and recommendations.
Blood tests are important and vital to providing medical doctors information about serious illness in the body. One should be done to rule out such things as cancer, heart disease, and liver disease before starting on a nutritional balancing program. That said, testing the hair gives you a more complete understanding how the body is processing everything you’re taking in from food to the air you breathe. It is possible to see the trends of the body including producing, processing and use of digestive enzymes, hormones, and toxic metals and chemicals. These are things the blood carries and delivers throughout the body but blood does not tell you how those things are being utilized and that’s what makes hair analysis more comprehensive.
Hair provides a unique cellular reading of the mineral levels. Cells are the major site of metabolic activity. Typical tests such as blood and urine (while often testing for the presence or absence of cells) rarely analyze the cells themselves. Blood tests are excellent but do not provide the same information given by hair analysis for the following reasons:
- Mineral levels in the hair are about ten times that of blood, making them easy to detect and measure accurately, thus providing a tremendous amount of knowledge about the cells and the soft tissues of our bodies.
- Mineral levels are kept relatively constant in the blood even when pathology is present and therefore do not always accurately reflect existing mineral deficiencies and excesses.
- Toxic metals are also much easier to detect in the hair. They are not found in high concentrations in the blood except right after an acute exposure. However, some of them tend to accumulate in the soft tissues (such as hair), where they are far easier to detect and measure accurately.
- Blood tests can vary significantly from hour to hour depending on one’s diet, activity level, the time of day and many other factors.
1. Sampling is simple and non-invasive.
2. Hair is a stable biopsy material. It requires no special handling and will remain viable for years.
3. Advancements in computer-controlled mass spectroscopy and other sciences have rendered the hair mineral biopsy an extremely cost-effective, accurate and reliable test if and when it is done correctly.
Perhaps the most appealing advantage is that hair analysis can be performed entirely from the comfort of one’s own home, as samples may be sent via standard mail!
What others are saying about The ELEVATE Institute
You have a way of explaining things so that they become uncomplicated in my head.
This approach has made all the difference.